Special Advance Giving
These denominational Advance Specials are Missouri ministries. To contribute to any of these Advance Specials, note the Advance number on your check and put it in your church's offering. Your church treasurer will forward it to the Conference treasurer's office, who will be sure that your church receives credit for your contribution. Then it is forwarded to the General Board of Global Ministries and distributed to the projects.
The Advance is an official program of The United Methodist Church for voluntary, designated, second-mile giving. The website gives an overview of the denominational information.
Special Giving form
Download the Missouri Conference Special Giving form for Advance Specials, special offerings and Mozambique.
The following are the denominational Advance Specials in Missouri.
- LifeWise STL (Kingdom House) Children's Services, St. Louis #561320. Subsidized day care for high-risk infants.
The following ministries are the Advance Specials for our Conference for 2020.
- HEIFER INTERNATIONAL. Poor families receive animals to help them become self-sufficient and in turn give the first offspring to another family.
- MISSOURI DISASTER RESPONSE. When floods, tornadoes or other disasters strike in Missouri, this is a channel through which churches can contribute. It differs from UMCOR because funds can be used to restore church property.
- PRISON PATCH (PARENTS AND THEIR CHILDREN). A nonprofit organization operating in the state women’s prisons at Chillicothe and Vandalia to encourage contact between mothers and grandmothers who are incarcerated and their children or grandchildren.
- MOBILITY WORLDWIDE. Funds project to produce United Methodist-made transportation carts that people disabled by polio, landmine injuries, war amputations, crocodile bites, etc., can operate themselves to gain mobility.
- BABY GRACE MINISTRY. Provides funds for this ministry of the Buckner UMC, which serves young mothers between the ages of 14 and 25. Baby Grace provides care packages — including Bibles, books, clothes, diapers, wipes, baby lotion, baby shampoo, blankets, washcloths and other items — to new mothers.
- MISSION AMBASSADORS (LUDHIANA). This Conference advance special will give congregations and individuals the opportunity to support the Missouri Conference Mission Ambassadors ministry. Funds will be used for partial scholarships for mission ambassadors to visit Ludhiana and tell the Ludhiana story in the Missouri Conference.