Local Church Safe Sanctuaries Processes
On this page you will find:
- Processes available to local churches
- How to request an LCA at your church
- Child abuse prevention policy
- LCA Job Duties
- Sample local church policies
- Applicant Training
Local Churches now have access to online software to use for their own local church certification. The software will be flexible and allow certification to be completed for local church, conference certification, or both.
The software includes eight training chapters and background screening.
Every church will have a code to use in initiating volunteers access to the online system.
- All volunteers must go through their local church to become conference or local church certified
- Only online training will be accepted for conference certification
- Since the new online local church software is going to be available; local churches may no longer use conference certification as a substitute for their own local church certification
We believe this new process will strongly enhance the Safe Sanctuaries programs of our local churches and provide even safer methods of protecting our children, youth and vulnerable adults.
The Missouri Conference Child Abuse Prevention Policy is for children, youth and vulnerable adults.
Only a pastor can designate a Conference certified LCA.
Please contact you local church Safe Sanctuaries coordinator to get started on the process. You will give them your email address and then you can start the training process.
Click here to view answers to commonly asked questions about our Safe Sanctuaries policies.