The Center for Pastoral Excellence is responsible for enhancing pastoral effectiveness through continuing education events, peer learning, coaching, and training. Our goal is to support transformative leadership processes for clergy. The Center provides options designed to equip and develop pastors to lead congregational growth.
The Director for Pastoral Excellence, along with the appointive Cabinet and the Board of Ordained Ministry, work to develop the processes of entering ministry, licensing and ordination, and equipping laity as pastoral leaders. In addition, the Center emphasizes the development and recruitment of younger and more diverse pastoral leadership.
|Rev. Karen Hayden
Director of Pastoral Excellence
Email: Karen Hayden
Clergy Relations and Benefits Administrator
Email: Trudy McManus
Executive Assistant for Pastoral Excellence
Conference Candidacy Coordinator
Email: Jenny Gragg
Hospitality and Events Coordinator
Email: Susan Brandes
- July 27-29, 2017 | Columbia, MO
January 12-14, 2018 | Columbia, MO
- Candidacy Summit for exploring candidates in ministry
Your Spirit Calls: Five-Day Academy for Spiritual Formation
- July 16-21, 2017 | Liberty, MO
Imago Dei: A Kaleidoscope of Faith
- Aug. 28-30, 2017 | Lake of the Ozarks
- Join us in a time of prayerful and playful renewal as we learn and grow together.
- November 3-5, 2017 | Portland, Oregon